Events are taking place across the country this week, calling on the federal government to take action for housing. You can support this important advocacy initiative in many ways:
1. You can attend one of the many events and rallies taking place this week, from Vacouver to St. Johns. The list of events is here. You can also organize your own event! (let us know if you do!)
2. You can print this petition and getting your friends and neighbours to sign it, then send it to Minister of State for Social Development, Candice Bergen.
3. You can use social media! Tweet @CandiceBergenMP and @pmharper and tell them to #act4housing
4. You can download this sample letter and add your own comments, then email it to Minister Bergen and your local MP.
5. You can write a letter to the editor, or phone into a radio show, and let the media know that people in your community support more federal resources put towards social housing and ending homelessness.
However you can, wherever you are, this week you can join with people across Canada to take action for housing!